Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm Back

After much waiting, procrastinating, and sleeping, I have returned to blog. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, it's more that I have a personal journal that takes up more time. And there I can be more honest with my self. I suppose. I have been neglecting that too. And reading scripture on a regular basis though. Hopefully though updating this more often will be me turning over a new leaf. Or stone.

I could write quite a bit because quite a bit has happened, but I don't want this to be just a dear diary blog. Maybe I'll do certain topics that cover the time that has past and the present as well.

To be honest, I have slacked on quite a bit. I don't exercise as much as I would like, I don't read the Bible as much, I don't play music as much as I used to, and I don't keep up with friends the way I would like to. I like to blame this on my volatile work schedule, but realistically I still have as much free time during the day as any other day. Poor excuses. These are all things that I like to do. Things that make me feel like I have at least accomplished something. Instead, I end up accomplishing little more than having fewer episodes of "House" that I haven't seen. I'm going to try to do better. So...I'm back!

2 comments:

Cary said...

It's so easy to just live your own life and "slack off" as you say when it comes to little things--keeping up with friends, reading the bible daily, exercising--those things that require structure.

I struggle with the exact same things my friend.

Here's to self-discipline. Here's to getting up and actually doing something with purpose.

Glad to hear you're back man :)

--C-dawg

Joel said...

i say turning over stones is better than turning over leaves. for one thing they're heavier; thus, bigger accomplishment. for another thing, you can skip them...

i don't blame you for catching up on house. i catch up on laziness much more often than with people...
well, i still befriend you...in case you got that crazy notion that i didn't. HA! sounds like a G#